Blackboard Learn: YouTube Mashup
A mashup is a connection Blackboard Learn makes to other online software programs. YouTube is a free online video resource.
Add a YouTube Video
- First, decide where you wish to add a YouTube video. Mashups can only be added to Content Areas. To learn how to create a content area, click the Add Content button found in this course.
- Next, make sure that Edit Mode is set to ON.
3. In this example, the instructor has created a “Videos” content area of her course. Click the content area where you wish to add a YouTube Video.
4. In the content area, click the Build Content button. In the drop-down that appears, find the Mashups area and select YouTube Video.
5. You will be taken to an area with a search field. In the following drop-down, you may choose between four search options: all of the words, at least one of the words, without the words and exact phrase.
6. Type in your search word or phrase, select the search criteria, and click
7. YouTube will return a list of video results, each with a thumbnail. To preview a video, click its Preview button. To use the video in your content area, click its Select button.
8. When you click Preview the video will appear and you may click the “Play” button to watch it.
9. Once you click “Select” on a video, you will then give it a name and description (optional).
10. Scroll down for more options like giving the video a thumbnail, linking to the video or embedding it directly in the page, and whether or not to show YouTube information.
11. After selecting any attachments, permissions, or date criteria, click Submit.
For additional support, visit http://uhd.edu/bbhelpform