Blackboard Learn: SlideShare Mashup
A mashup is a connection Blackboard Learn makes to other online software programs. Slideshare is a free online presentation software that emulates PowerPoint.
Add a Slideshare Presentation
- First, decide where you wish to add a Slideshare presentation. Mashups can only be added in Content Areas. To learn how to create a content area, click the Add Content button found in this course.
- Next, make sure that Edit Mode is set to ON.
3. In this example, the fictional professor has created a “Presentation” content area of her course. Click the content area to which you wish to add a presentation.
4. In the content area, click the Build Content button. In the drop-down that appears, find the Mashups area and select SlideShare Presentation.
5. You will be taken to an area with a search field. Type in your search criteria term and click Go.
6. Slideshare will return a list of presentation results, each with a thumbnail. To preview a presentation, click its Preview button. To use the presentation in your content area, click its Select button.
7. When you click Preview, the first slide will appear and you may click the “Next” arrow to progress through the presentation.
8. Once you click “Select” on a presentation, you will then give it a name and description (optional).
9. Scroll down for more options like giving the presentation a thumbnail, linking to the presentation or embedding it directly in the page, and whether or not to show Slideshare information.
10. After selecting any attachments, permissions, or date criteria, click Submit.
11. The Slideshare presentation will appear as an item on the content page you chose. Turn Edit Mode OFF to view the presentation from a student perspective.
For additional support, visit http://uhd.edu/bbhelpform