Blackboard Learn: Flickr Mashup
A mashup is a connection Blackboard Learn makes to other online software programs. Flickr is a free online photo gallery service that houses great photos from millions of users all over the world.
Add a Flickr Photo
- First, decide where you wish to add a Flickr Photo. Mashups can only be added to Content Areas. To learn how to create a content area, click the Add Content button found in this course.
- Next, make sure that Edit Mode is set to ON.
3. In this example, the instructor had created a “Photo Gallery” content area of her course. Click the content area where you wish to add a photo.
4. In the Photo Gallery content area, click the Build Content button. In the drop-down that appears, find the Mashups area and select Flickr Photo.
5. You will be taken to an area with a search field. Type in your search criteria and click Go.
6. You may receive a security warning. Click Yes.
7. Flickr will return a list of photo results, each photo with its own thumbnail. To preview a thumbnail, click the Preview button beneath it. To use the photo in your content area, click the Select button beneath it.
8. Once you click “Select” on a photo for the gallery, you will be taken to a page where you may give it a name and description.
9. Scroll down for View and Size options and whether or not to show Flickr information. Following that are the typical Blackboard Learn options of attachments, permissions and date criteria.
10. After selecting any attachments, permissions, or date criteria, click Submit.
11. The Flickr image will appear as an item on the content page. Turn Edit Mode OFF to view your Flickr images from a student perspective.
For additional support, visit http://uhd.edu/bbhelpform