Using LockDown Browser - Student Instructions
Instructors may require students to use Respondus Lockdown Browser take tests within Blackboard Courses. Students will need to first install and then run LockDown Browser in place of their usual browser to take the exam or test.
When to Use LockDown Browser
IMPORTANT! Students attempting to take a LockDown Browser test in any other browser will see the message below.
Installing LockDown Browser
* While Chromebooks will work across most all applications across UHD, Chromebooks will not work while taking an exam using Respondus Lock Down Browser and Monitor.
Taking your Test
When you are ready to take your test, close all applications on your computer and open the newly downloaded software. Do not open any other browser to access the internet. Use Respondus LockDown Browser to access the internet.
1. After opening the Software, you may be asked to select a server. Select UHDBlackboard or UHDCanvas.
2. Respondus will try to close any open applications on your computer.
3. Login to Blackboard
4. Select your class, maneuver to your exam and begin taking your test.
Best Practices for LockDown Browser
- See System Requirements
- Tests should be accessed through links in Content Areas only. Content Areas are typically labeled Assessments or Tests, or otherwise inside a Course Content area. Do not access tests through What’s Due in the To Do module or from Due Date links in the Calendar tool.
- Sufficient bandwidth and other resources should be made available. Tests should not be taken on wireless devices.
- Make sure you set aside enough time to take the exam without interruptions.
- Take your exams in a quiet area.
- Review the Student Honesty Policy