Blackboard Learn: Grading Periods
You can create grading periods to group Grade Center columns together by a period
such as by term, semester, and quarter.
1. From the options that expand, select Full Grade Center.
2. Click the Manage button, and select Grading Periods.
3. Click the Create Grading Period button.
4. Type a name for the grading period. For example, “First Quarter.” The description is
5. Scroll down and select the radio button next to Range. Select a date range for
this grading period using the small calendar icons next to the start and end dates.
6. Place a checkmark next to Associate Columns. This will automatically designate that grading period of all columns that are due within your specified date range.
7. Click Submit.
8. Your new grading period will be listed. If you ever need to delete a grading period, place a checkmark beside its title and click the Delete button.
9. To see if the columns were automatically associated with the grading period you created, enter the Grade Center, click the Manage button, and select Column Organization.
10. You should see a section appear, derived from your new grading period. Anything you had due in the grading period will be listed in this area.
Change the Grading Period of an Item
You may change the grading period of a graded item in your course even if its due
date is not
within that time frame.
1. Go to the Grade Center, click the Manage button, and select Column Organization.
2. Scroll down, and place a checkmark beside the item(s) to which you want to add your new grading period.
3. Click the Change Grading Period to button, and select your new grading period.
For additional support, visit http://uhd.edu/bbhelpform