Blackboard Learn: Grade Center Smart View for Students in a Combined Course
Smart View lets you create filters for the Grade Center that quickly let you view pre-filtered options. For this example, we created a Smart View in the Grade Center based on student rosters for a non-existent course combine.
Create a Smart View
1. Scroll down to the control panel on the left, and click Grade Center. From the options that expand, select Full Grade Center.
2. Click the Manage button and select Smart Views from the drop down menu.
3. Click the Create Smart View.
4. Name the new Smart View based on how you wish to label the first class.
Note: The description is optional.
5. In Selection Criteria choose the Type of View and Select Criteria. Using the Print out of your roster, choose the students for one of the classes.
Note: Holding down the Ctrl key allows you to select multiple users or columns criteria.
6. Click the Submit button.
7. Repeat steps 2-6 for your second class roster.
8. In the Smart Views area, place a green star beside your new smart view(s). Click OK.
9. Now under the Grade Center in your control panel, you will see the smart view options you created.
For additional support, visit