Edit Notification Settings
The notification system alerts you when events occur in your courses, such as when items are due, grades are available, new content and tests are made available, and when you have unread discussions and blogs. Notifications are generated automatically whenever the associated events occur.
You can customize the notification settings for all of the courses you are enrolled in.
Click your name in the upper right to expand the Global Navigation Menu, select Settings and then select Edit Notifications Settings.
How to Select General Notification Settings
1. From the Global Navigation Menu, select Settings and then select Edit Notifications Settings.
2. On the Edit Notification Settings page, click Edit General Settings.
3. On the General Settings page, you can choose to receive an email for each notification or a daily digest email that compiles all of the notifications for that day.
- Individual Messages: Emails are sent for each notification. The exception to this is that the digest selection is necessary for email notifications for unread discussion board messages, unread blog posts, and unread journal entries.
- Daily Email Digest: All notifications are collected and sent once per day at a time set by your institution. Select Yes to set due date reminders for notifications.
How to Turn Notifications On and Off and Select Delivery Methods
- Dashboard - By default, all notification types appear in My Blackboard's Updates and Posts pages and in course home pages.
- Email - Email notification messages are sent to the email address displayed in Notification Destinations on this page.
- Mobile - Select which push notifications you want to appear on your mobile device. Push notifications appear on your device's screen without having to open the Blackboard app.
6. After making your notification selections, click Submit.
Note: Email and mobile notifications are turned off by default. If you wish to receive notifications in these ways, you need to select them.
For the following items, you can select email notifications only if daily digest email is selected in Edit General Settings. If you have not selected daily digest email, the selection box for these items is not available:
- Unread discussion board messages
- Unread blog posts
- Unread journal entries
For additional support, visit http://uhd.edu/bbhelpform