Applying a Rubric to a Graded Discussion
Rubrics allow you to apply specific grading criteria on your students' work and provide detailed explanations regarding your grading decisions. A rubric can be applied to an assignment, test or a discussion topic. One could apply a rubric to a discussion forum so the threads can be easily graded. For Information on how to create a rubric, visit Creating a Rubric.
- Go to the discussion board to which you wish to apply the rubric, and click its Action Link. Select Edit.
- Scroll down to Forum Settings.
- Make the Forum Graded by selecting the radial button next to Grade Discussion Forum and enter the amount of points possible.
- Click the Add Rubric button and then click Select Rubric.
- A pop-up window will appear. Select the rubric you would like to use and then click Submit.
- The rubric will be added. If you would like to show the rubric to students click the drop-down menu and click select one of the options.
- Click Submit.
For additional support, visit http://uhd.edu/bbhelpform