A course link is a link to an already existing page within a course.
1. Log into Blackboard and enter the course.
2. Make sure the Edit Mode is set to ON at the top right-hand corner of the page.
3. You can only add course links to a content area. Enter the content area to where
you want to add a course link. For example, you may wish to organize your content
by chapter, and add course links to a PowerPoint Presentation, an Essay Assignment,
a discussion forum, and a test.
4. Once inside the content area, click the Build Content button. In the drop-down that appears, select Course Link.
5. Next, to Choose Item, click the Browse… button. A pop-up will appear with a list of all folders and files within your course.
Click the item you wish to link.
6. As soon as you click the file you wish to link to, the pop-up will disappear and
the file name will be present in the “Name” field. You may edit the Name field at
this point without compromising the file. Do not alter any text within the Location
field. You can also select Date and Time Restrictions if needed.
7. Scroll down and Click Submit.
8. The course link will appear to students as a clickable line of text with an underline.
The actual file is still located in the original folder; you only created a link to