Combine Blackboard Course Shells
Instructors who teach multiple sections of the same course may prefer to manage those sections through a single cross-listed course with associated child courses.
Important Note: Courses must be combined BEFORE adding course content to the Blackboard course shell. After courses are combined, a new shell will be created. Any content added to course shells prior to the combine will be lost! You must also combine courses BEFORE activating the course.
Login to the Blackboard Course Management Portal
1. Login to Blackboard (https://bb.uhd.edu)
2. Once logged into Blackboard, locate the Manage Blackboard Courses module.
3. Click the Manage Blackboard Course button.4. You will be taken to the Blackboard Course Management Portal login screen.
Combine Courses Inside of the Blackboard Course Management Portal
1. After logging in, click Select a Term and then select the correct term from the drop-down menu.
2. Click Show Courses.
3. You will see a list of courses. For each course there is a Manage Blackboard Course button. Select this button for one of the courses you would like to include in the course combine.
4. On the next page, select Combine Course Sections.
5. Locate the second course you would like to include in the course combine and then click Add this as a child course.
6. You should now see the Parent course and any associated child courses.
7. Repeat step 5 if you would like to include additional courses.
8. Select Remove this child course from parent, if you would like to remove a course from the combine.
9. Click Submit once your selections have been made.
10. Select Pick a new term or course at the top of the screen to return to your list of courses.