What is Camtasia?
Camtasia Studio is an all-in-one screen recorder and video editor. Camtasia records your onscreen computer activity, PowerPoint presentations, voiceovers, webcam video, and any additional actions performed on a computer, and then allows you to make online tutorials or interactive instructional videos.
How do I get Camtasia?
To get Camtasia installed on your UHD faculty or staff machine use the form found here. You may also contact the contact the IT Service Desk at (713) 221-8031 to request it.
How do I use Camtasia?
Our license allows faculty and staff to create, edit, and share instructional videos. These Camtasia videos can be distributed directly to cloud storage services like Dropbox or OneDrive, shared in Blackboard, or played during Zoom online meetings.
Camtasia provides a number of features to help create videos, including:
- Pre-built video templates
- Webcam video capture
- Audio recording
- Screen recording of full or part of your computer screen
- Drag and drop editing of media streams, including annotations, transitions and animations
- Cursor and audio effects
- Customizable interface to access favorite tools and presets
- Royalty-free music
- PowerPoint integration
- Quizzes and other user interactions
- Green screen, themes and video frames
Training & Documentation Resources for Camtasia
The following training and documentation resources are available on the TechSmith website: