Installing the Blackboard App - Instructors
The Blackboard Instructor mobile app is the supported native app for Blackboard Learn. Blackboard Instructor shows only the courses where you're enrolled as an instructor, TA, or course builder. Students use the Blackboard app for access their courses instead.
Features of the Blackboard Instructor App
With Blackboard Instructor, you can perform these tasks:
- Preview course items, assignments, and tests
- Participate in discussions
- Send announcements
Install app and Login
1. From your device, access the appropriate online store.
2. If necessary, search for Blackboard Instructor.
3. Install the Blackboard app on your mobile device.
4. Open the Blackboard app and search for University of Houston-Downtown then click on Continue with Web-Login.
6. Proceed to the login page where you will change the method of authenticating from Sign in with third-party account (Fig. 6a) to UHD O365 Loign (Fig. 6b).
7. You will be redirected to the UHD Sign in screen where you will enter your email@example.com (Fig. 7a). Followed by the next screen, where you will then enter your password. Use your same credentials as you do for your myUHD services, then click Sign In (Fig.7b).
8. Next, you'll be asked to authenticate by using your method of choice set up in DUO. (Your DUO security settings should've already been configured prior to logging in your mobile app). Select Remember me for 30 days and then click on Send Me a Push or another choice depending on your security settings.
9. Click or swipe down on the notification push in your mobile device once it is received.
10. Select Approve in the next screen.
For More Information about installing the Mobile App:
After Logging In
After you log in, you see all your current courses where you're enrolled as an instructor, TA, or course builder.
Tap a course card to access a course.
From the course list, tap a course card to see its Course Overview. This concise view of your course provides access to these items:
- Due dates
- Course content
You can also view a list of instructors and send email to them. Your courses may look different than they do in a web browser, but you'll easily navigate through your content.
For additional support, visit http://uhd.edu/bbhelpform