Installing the Blackboard App
The Blackboard App is the supported native app for Blackboard Learn. Students using phones and tablets should use the app for Blackboard activities rather than using the browsers on their phones and tablets.
Features of the Blackboard App
|Navigation||The base navigation gives access to course updates, content, and grades. See a list of important course activity including new content, announcements, and grades.|
|Push Notifications||Set up notifications reminding you of upcoming due dates and new grades.|
|Course Content||View course materials.|
|Discussions||View and reply to course discussion activity.|
View assignments from the app.
Tests can be taken using the app.
UHD recommends that students take tests using a desktop with a non-wireless connection. Visit the Blackboard test best practices page for more information.
|Grades||Real-time access to grades and feedback, either from an individual course or from Grades in the base navigation.|
Install App and Login
1. From your device, access the appropriate online store.
2. After downloading, open the Blackboard app and search for University of Houston-Downtown then click on Continue with Web-Login.
4. Proceed to the login page where you will change the method of authenticating from Sign in with third-party account (Fig. 4a) to UHD O365 Loign (Fig. 4b).
5. You will be redirected to the UHD Sign in screen where you will enter your firstname.lastname@example.org (Fig. 5a). Followed by the next screen, where you will then enter your password. Use your same credentials as you do for your myUHD services, then click Sign In (Fig.5b).
6. Next, you'll be asked to authenticate by using your method of choice set up in DUO. (Your DUO security settings should've already been configured prior to logging in your mobile app). Select Remember me for 30 days and then click on Send Me a Push or another choice depending on your security settings.
7. Click or swipe down on the notification push in your mobile device once it is received.
8. Select Approve in the next screen.
For additional support, visit http://uhd.edu/bbhelpform