Blackboard: Grade Center - Grading Schemas
1. Enter the course, and make sure Edit Mode is set to ON.
2. Scroll down to the control panel on the left, and click Grade Center.
3. From the options that expand, select Full Grade Center.
4. Click the Manage button and select Grading Schemas.
5. Click the Create Grading Schema button.
6. Enter a name for the grading schema; for example, “Pass/Fail.” The description is optional.
7. For the Schema Mapping section, you may edit the default schemas present.
a. The box on the left is what will display if a student has a certain grade percentage.
b. The box on the right is what percentage will display if the instructor manually enters something.
8. To include more complex schemas, you may add rows using the small arrows at the right.
Apply a Grading Schema
- Go to the Grade Center, click the action link of the column you wish to edit, and select Edit Column Information.
- Scroll down and click the Primary Display drop-down
- From the drop-down options, select the title of your schema.
4. Scroll to the the bottom of the screen and click Submit.
5. You should now see grades displaying corresponding to the schema you created.