Blackboard Learn: Creating Assignments
1. Log into Blackboard Learn.
2. Enter the course in which you wish to create an assignment.
3. Make sure to turn edit mode ON at the top right-hand corner of the page. You may want to create a new Content Area in the Content Menu for Assignments.
4. Select the left-hand course menu and click Content Area.
5. Enter a name for the content area, such as Assignments.
6. Click the Available to Users checkbox to allow users to view the item.
7. Click Submit.
8. A new button will be added at the bottom of the left-hand course menu. Click the new button to enter the empty content area.
Create an Assignment
1. In this new content area, click the Assessment button, and select Assignment
2. Within the Create Assignment page, type the name, instructions, attach any files necessary.
3. Select the due date.
4. In Grading, enter the Points Possible.
5. Expand Submission details to choose between Individual or Group Submission.
6. Add any rubrics if necessary to this assignment. Please see the Creating a Rubric document to learn more about the new grading features.
7. Scroll down to enter the Availability
8. Click Submit
Edit an Assignment
To edit an existing assignment, go to the assignments page and locate the assignment you wish to edit.
Click the action link to the right of the title of the assignment and select Edit.
You will be taken back to a page where the Assignment options can be changed.
For additional support, visit http://uhd.edu/bbhelpform