Activate Your Students in Blackboard
To allow students to access your Blackboard course shell, you must activate the students every semester. All face-to-face courses must be activated in order for students to gain access to courses in Blackboard.
Important Note: If you plan on combining courses, you must combine shells BEFORE activating the course.
Login to the Blackboard Course Management Portal
- Access the current Blackboard environment:
- Blackboard 1 (Bb1): Fall, Spring, Winter mini-term, May mini-term, and Summer courses are available at https://bb.uhd.edu
- Login using your UHD credentials.
- Once logged into Blackboard, locate the Manage Blackboard Courses Module.
- Click the Manage Blackboard Course button.
- You will be taken to the Blackboard Course Management Portal login screen.
Activate Courses Inside of the Blackboard Course Management Portal
- After logging in, click Select a Term and then select the correct term from the drop-down menu.
- Click Show Courses.
- You will see a list of courses. For each course there is a Manage Blackboard Course button. Select this button for the course you would like to activate.
- You will be taken to a new page with more information. Scroll down and select Activate Students.
- Pick an activation date by using the calendar. After choosing your date, select Update Activation Date.
- Select Pick a new term or course to return to your list of courses.
- A check mark underneath the course in the Course List will indicate that your activation date has been successfully changed.
Please allow up to 4 hours for this change to reflect in Blackboard.