The Zoom client has a simple and user-friendly design. The navigation menu at the bottom of the window makes it easy to manage your meetings, recordings, contacts, and groups. Your availability and profile information can be managed from the menu to the right of your name. Other settings for hardware like speakers, microphone, and video can be managed from the
Settings menu (gear icon) in the top right.
- Green – Online and available to chat/meet
- Red – Online, but not available to chat/meet
Edit Your Profile
- Add Picture and personal information
- Set Time Zone
- Set Recording Preferences
- Log out – Go offline/unavailable, but Zoom application stays open.
- Exit – Stay signed in, but go offline /unavailable and close Zoom application.
Start meetings with or without video.
Schedule meetings for future dates.
Join another Zoom user’s meeting.
- Start a meeting with your
Manage scheduled meetings.
Search for other Zoom users to quickly start chats or meetings.
- Add Contacts to a list of your
- Review chat
- Create and manage chat
Edit Your Profile
The first time you update your profile information, the
My Profile link will be called
Add a Picture. Click the menu link to open a new web browser tab to edit your profile. There, you can upload a profile picture as well as customize your Personal Meeting ID, Meeting and Vanity URLs, and more.
- From the Zoom client Window, click the menu by your name and click My Profile/Add a Picture.
- Click the
Change link below the picture place holder to upload a new profile picture.
Change link to the right of the
Personal Meeting ID and enter a
unique 10 digit number.
- Below your name in the middle of the page, you will find your Personal Meeting information. Customize your
Personal Meeting ID, and
- Suggestion: use your direct phone number.
Similarly, update the
Vanity URL with a unique extension that utilizes letters and/or numbers.
- The new
Meeting ID will automatically update the
Personal Meeting URL below.
Simply share the Personal Meeting URL or Vanity URL to invite others to your Zoom meeting.
- Suggestion: use your UHD username
- Either URL will direct users to your Personal Meeting room.
- Alternatively, guests can go to
https://uhd.zoom.us and click in the top right.
- On the
Join a Meeting page, guests can enter your 10 digit
Meeting ID and click
For additional support, visit