Zoom is an excellent application for delivering presentations to groups or individually. Zoom has tools that make screen sharing, recording, and annotation simple. This document outlines the basics of recording meetings that you can share with students and colleagues.
Start a Meeting
- Open the Zoom Client and
Sign In with SSO.
From the Home tab, click one of the options to start a meeting.
- For more information, review the training videos
The meeting window will open.
Start without video (no webcam)
Start with video (includes webcam)
- Review tools a, b, c, and d below.
Audio/Video settings: Mute/Unmute your mic and turn your webcam video on/off.
Join Audio by Computer to activate your mic.
Invite: Invite others by URL or by email.
- c) Share Screen: Show a PowerPoint or other presentation in the Zoom meeting.
- d) Record: Create an MP4 file that can be uploaded to a server such as OneDrive or YouTube and shared or record to the cloud and share a video link.
Share Your Screen and Record Your Presentation
- Click the
Screen Share (c) button in the toolbar.
- Select a window or an application you want to share.
Share Screen button.You will see a green border around the screen or application that is being shared.
Desktop 1 is selected.
- Take note if using a computer with two monitors.
Your webcam video will remain in the foreground.
Record (d) button and choose either
- Move/resize as needed.
- The webcam video will appear in the final recording.
“Record on this computer” or “Record to Cloud.”
When your presentation is finished, click Stop Recording in the More… menu.Click End Meeting when finished.
- Once screen sharing starts, you will find Record options in the
More… menu of the top toolbar.
https://uhd.zoom.us to locate your recording.Click the Recordings tab and select Cloud or Local.
- The recorded meeting will be converted to MP4 once the meeting has been ended.
For additional support, visit