Creating a Web Link (adding a URL) is a great way to lead students to information by giving them a quick access point.
Adding a Web Link
- Log into Blackboard Learn and enter the course.
- Make sure that Edit Mode is turned ON at the top right‐hand corner of the page.
- Access a Content Area or folder in which you would like to add your web link and click BuildContent.
- From the drop-down list select Web Link.
- Type the name and URL of your link. You may also add an optional description.Leave the checkbox unchecked where you see ‘This link is to a Tool Provider” unless specified by a third party vendor.
Tip: Copy the URL from your browser and paste it into the URL field. Note: The URL must be in the correct format, such as
- Additionally, you can attach a file. This step is optional.
- Adjust the Options.
- Click Submit.
All new content appears at the bottom of the area in which it was added. You may need to scroll to the bottom if you have existing content in this area of your course.
Tip: Click the WebLink that you have just created to be sure that it works.
For additional support, visit