Instructors can grade offline and then import grades into the Grade Center. Blackboard recommends using tab-delimited files for uploading into the Grade Center. Tab-delimited files will open directly in Microsoft Excel.
To obtain a file that is formatted correctly for uploading, first follow the steps outlined in the document titled Download the Full Grade Center. Once you’ve input all grades, save the Excel file and proceed with the following steps.
Upload Grades from Excel
1. Once you enter the Grade Center, click the Work Offline button, and select Upload.
2. On the “Upload Grades” page, click the Browse My Computer button.
3. Select the file name of the grade spreadsheet and then click Open.
4. Click Submit.
5. On the Confirmation page, use check boxes to select or deselect any columns of the spreadsheet that you want to be uploaded in the Grade Center.
Note: Existing grades in the Blackboard Grade Center will not be overridden by the grades imported from the Excel file. If you would like the grades of the Excel file to populate all fields in the Grade Center, clear or ignore any existing attempts.
6. After you finish selecting columns to include, click Submit.
7. You should now see your Grade Center with updated grades corresponding to your changes within the Excel spreadsheet.