GradeMark gives instructors the ability to provide feedback to students by enabling editorial highlights, custom comments, and QuickMark editing marks directly on the student papers.
View Originality Report and Access the Paper for Grading
- Click the
>> View/Complete link to view your results.
- Once again you will be taken to the submission form. At the top right of the page, click
- In the
Messages area of Turnitin, click the blue
assignment inbox tab at the left.
- This will take you to the list of papers you have submitted. Click the small bar with a percentage number in the
SIMILARITY column to view the originality report.
Using GradeMark to add Marks and Grade to a Paper
- The first screen will present you with the Originality Report. To use the GradeMark feature, click on the GradeMark tab.
- The GradeMark tab presents the
submitted paper on the left with a
QuickMark Panel on the right.
- The QuickMark panel and its features.
- Search Quickmark Templates
- Change Quickmark Set
- Add a bubble comment
- Add a text comment
- Open QuickMark manager.
- Add a comment for a selected piece of text
- Quickmark set (active set)
- Quickmark Panel indicator
- Add/View General Comments
- View comment list
- Rubric Grade
- From the change QuickMark Set list, select the desired grading set to select from.
- The blue buttons correspond to editing marks relevant to your selected set. Click on the editing mark to have it automatically inserted in the document. E.g. TT2 – To/Too/Two.
Note: When you hover over the editing mark to be inserted, the bottom section of the quick mark panel provides the usage details. These details are available for viewing online by students when they access their graded paper through your Turnitin assignment link. Students can also download a PDF version of their document complete with a GradeMark report detailing all grading marks and comments.
Drag the editing mark to the desired location in the document.
- You can also add free-form comments which can be placed wherever you want within the document by selecting the icon.
- Enter the comment in the comment box and click
Save. A comment icon will be placed in the document. Click on it to drag it to the appropriate place within the document.
- To enter
General Comments, click the Comment icon at the bottom of the window. Enter comments or record a voice comment then click
- Once ready, you can enter a grade for the paper which will feed to the Grade Center in Blackboard. Above the Quick Mark panel, you will see the grade input are . Enter a grade for the student. E.g. 82.
Download or Print the Document with GradeMark Comments
- At the bottom left of the Turnitin tool bar, click on either of the two Print / Download icons.
Note: You may need to dis-able your pop-up blocker in order to see the document.
For additional support, visit