Messages are a private and secure text-based communication that occurs within a Blackboard course and among course members. Although similar to email, users must be logged into the Course to read and send Messages.
Making the Messages Tool Available
- Login to Blackboard to enter the course you wish to send Messages in.
- Make sure
Edit Mode is ON.
- At the top left, click the Add button and select
- From the
drop-down menu, select
Messages and give your button a title.
- Make the item visible to students by placing a checkmark beside
Available to Users. Click
- Click the
Messages button you created.
- Select the
Recipients using the
- A list of enrolled course members will be displayed. Select your intended recipient(s) from the
Select Recipients area and use the
move selection, “>”, button to move them to the
- Type in a
- Type your message in the
- To upload an attachment, click on the Choose File button.
Create a Folder
- In the Course Messages area, select
- Type in a name.
- To read Messages, click on a
Folder, locate the desired
Message, and click on the
- Click on the
inbox folder to read the new messages.
- Any unread messages will have a close envelop on the
Status column. Click on the
Subject to read the message.
For additional support, visit