A Portable Document Format (PDF) ensures your printed or viewed file retains the formatting that you intended. We recommend that documents uploaded into Blackboard courses be converted into Adobe PDF files.
- Adobe Acrobat PDF files can be opened and read by any computer or browser.
- Students may be unable to open and download documents formatted in Microsoft applications.
Open or Compose the File you would like to save as a PDF
- Before saving your Word document as a PDF, please be sure that you have saved your Word document as a Word document one final time.
- To save your Word document as a PDF, click on File and then Save As.
- If you have Microsoft Office 2010 or later you may have a Save as Adobe PDF button.
- Choose the location to which your saved document will go and type a file name for your document.
- Click on the list box labeled Save as type.
- Scroll down the list to find and click on PDF.
- You will not see two options:
- If you are sending this PDF file in an email or you are planning to post it on a web page, you may want to choose “Minimum size” to create the smallest PDF possible for your Word document.
- Please Note: The “Minimum size” option may degrade any of the pictures you have inserted into your Word document.
For additional support, visit http://uhd.edu/bbhelpform