The first time that you use Respondus to Import questions or Retrieve them from Blackboard, you must add a new server. Once you have Imported your questions into Respondus, you will need to add a server to publish the questions to Blackboard.
Publish Questions into Blackboard
1. Click the Preview & Publish tab. (Alternatively, if you are retrieving questions, select Retrieval & Reports).
2. Click the Publish button at left and click the Publish Wizard button. OR Click Retrieve
3. Select add new server from the drop-down menu.
4. An Add New Server Settings dialog-box will pop up. Select the Yes, check for preconfigured server settings option and click Next.
5. Enter the required settings.
a) Enter a name to describe this Blackboard Server. The name can whatever you prefer, but
it is a good idea to discern whether it is the Bb1 or Bb2 environment.
b) Enter your login information for this Blackboard server. This will be your UHD network login. You can optionally save your login so that it is remembered, but be aware that when you change your UHD password the remembered login will stop working, and you will need to edit the password accordingly.
c) We recommend that you select the Run connection test option, as it does not take long and can detect any possible network issues.
6. If the connection is successful, click Next. Troubleshooting: If there was a problem establishing the connection, check that your login was correct. An update may be needed, so you can go to the Help menu and select Check For Update and then try again.
7. Click Finish. The server will be remembered for future Respondus jobs. Consider repeating these steps for the Bb2 environment if you will be teaching in the Summer terms.
For additional support, visit http://uhd.edu/bbhelpform