A mashup is a connection Blackboard Learn makes to other online software programs. Slideshare is a free online presentation software that emulates PowerPoint.
Add a Slideshare Presentation
- First, decide where you wish to add a Slideshare presentation. Mashups can only be added in Content Areas. To learn how to create a content area, click the Add Content button found in this course.
- Next, make sure that Edit Mode is set to ON.
- In this example, the fictional professor has created a “Presentation” content area of her course. Click the content area to which you wish to add a presentation.
- In the content area, click the Build Content button. In the drop-down that appears, find the Mashups area and select SlideShare Presentation.
- You will be taken to an area with a search field. Type in your search criteria term and click Go.
- Slideshare will return a list of presentation results, each with a thumbnail. To preview a presentation, click its Preview button. To use the presentation in your content area, click its Select button.
- When you click Preview, the first slide will appear and you may click the “Next” arrow to progress through the presentation.
- Once you click “Select” on a presentation, you will then give it a name and description (optional).
- Scroll down for more options like giving the presentation a thumbnail, linking to the presentation or embedding it directly in the page, and whether or not to show Slideshare information.
- After selecting any attachments, permissions, or date criteria, click Submit.
- The Slideshare presentation will appear as an item on the content page you chose. Turn Edit Mode OFF to view the presentation from a student perspective.
For additional support, visit http://uhd.edu/bbhelpform