A mashup is a connection Blackboard Learn makes to other online software programs. Flickr is a free online photo gallery service that houses great photos from millions of users all over the world.
Add a Flickr Photo
- First, decide where you wish to add a Flickr Photo. Mashups can only be added to
Content Areas. To learn how to create a content area, click the Add Content button found in this course.
- Next, make sure that Edit Mode is set to
- In this example, the instructor had created a “Photo Gallery” content area of her course. Click the content area where you wish to add a photo.
- In the Photo Gallery content area, click the Build Content button. In the drop-down that appears, find the Mashups area and select Flickr Photo.
- You will be taken to an area with a search field. Type in your search criteria and click Go.
- You may receive a security warning. Click Yes.
- Flickr will return a list of photo results, each photo with its own thumbnail. To preview a thumbnail, click the Preview button beneath it. To use the photo in your content area, click the Select button beneath it.
- Once you click “Select” on a photo for the gallery, you will be taken to a page where you may give it a name and description.
- Scroll down for View and Size options and whether or not to show Flickr information. Following that are the typical Blackboard Learn options of attachments, permissions and date criteria.
- After selecting any attachments, permissions, or date criteria, click Submit.
- The Flickr image will appear as an item on the content page. Turn Edit Mode OFF to view your Flickr images from a student perspective.
For additional support, visit http://uhd.edu/bbhelpform