Currently, Blackboard does not display individual iClicker session scores in My Grades, so understanding how grades are calculated can be a bit confusing. This short guide should give you a better idea about what’s going on.
Calculating iClicker Scores
- The score that you see in Blackboard is a combined total of your polling sessions (so far).
- Each time scores are synced to Blackboard, this score may go up and down depending on your performance.
- It may seem confusing, but it’s quite simple.
|Session 1||Session 2||Session 3||Session 4|
|iClicker Score: 4 / 4|
Blackboard: 100% (4/4)
|iClicker Score: 2 / 4|
Blackboard: 75% (6/8)
|iClicker Score: 3 / 4|
Blackboard: 75% (9/12)
|iClicker Score: 3 / 5|
Blackboard: 70.6 (12/17)
Q: How is the iClicker grade calculated?
A: Let's look at the four sessions in the example above.
- The total number of questions in all four sessions is 17 (4 + 4 + 4 + 5 = 17)
- The total number of questions answered correctly in all four sessions is 12 (4 + 2 + 3 + 3 = 12)
- Divide 12 by 17
- 12 / 17 = .7058
- .7058 = 70.6%
- Again, Blackboard only displays one overall grade for your iClicker total, not individual session scores.
Whether you’re using iClicker2 remotes or the iClicker REEF application, you can check your individual session performance by logging into your iClicker REEF account at https://app.reef-education.com
If you have any questions or comments regarding the steps outlined in this document, please contact UHD TLS Training Services by calling (713) 221-8200, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org