A new feature in SP 15 allows you to download the group membership. Export a CSV (comma-separated value) file containing groups and users to your computer. You can export your existing group and group members, reorganize as needed offline, and then import them to make changes.
- Inside the course, go to Users and Groups. Expand the list and click on Groups.
On the top right corner, click on Export.
From the list of options select one of the following:
- Groups Only
- Group Members only
- Groups and group members
- Check the box to include header row.
Click Submit and the process will be queued and you will receive an e-mail when it is finished with the data saved in a zip file.
Looking at the Data
- Click on the E-mail link and download the file to your computer.
- Once the file finishes download, right click on it and extract the contents.
- Open the csv file.
Importing a Membership File
- Go to the Users and Groups section and click on Groups.
- On the top left corner click on Import.
- Browse your computer and attach either the Group Members.csv or Group.csv.
Check the box next to each tool you want available for the groups you are importing, and click Submit.
- a. Import Group Members: lets you attach the spreadsheet with the students assigned (or not) to a specific group.
- b. Import Groups: lets you attach the spreadsheet in which you define which group is available (or not).
For additional support, visit