Inline Grading is an SP15 feature that allows you to make comments, highlight, underline parts of a student’s submission, draw, strikeout sections of the document, etc. All from inside the Grade Center. In order to access Inline Grading, follow these steps.
- Go to the Grade Center tools and select “Full Grade Center”
- Go to an assignment with completed submissions by students.
- Click View Attempt mm/dd/yy
- This will take you to the Grade Assignment page and you can commence the Inline Grading
Tools of the Trade
- Comments have three different options Point, Area or Text comment.
The Draw button allows you to free-draw any shape or line inside of the document.Select Highlight and drag the cursor through a word, sentence or entire paragraph.
- a. Using the Point Comment, click on a part of the document and type the comment in the margin.
- b. Using the Area Comment, draw a border around the area in question and type the comment in the margin.
- c. Using the Text comment, highlight a part of the text and type the comment in the margin.
Assigning a Grade
- Once you are finished grading the assignment and providing feedback. On the Assignment Details column, you can assign a grade for the student’s attempt.
For additional support, visit