- Export Course creates a package of course content that can later be imported into the same course or a different course.
Archive Course creates a permanent record of a course including all the content and user interactions available at the time the Archive is created.
- Log into Blackboard Learn and enter the course you want to archive.
- Under the course management area, click Packages and Utilities, and then click Export/Archive Course.
- Next, click the Export Package button.
- On the Export Course page.
Note: Ensure that you select the options to include copies of the links and copies of the files in step 2.
- Select Course Materials, make your selections or simply click Select All.
- Click the Submit button.
- You will see a “Success” notification in green.
Note: You will also receive an email notification that the operation was completed successfully.
- Your course export will begin to run and will be in queue.
- Click refresh until the package appears. You may need to do this a few times.
Note: Course archives may take longer than a few minutes depending on the size of your course.
Saving the Exported or Archived File
- Once you have received email notification that the course Export/Archive is complete, click refresh to show the package.
- You will now see your Export file.
- Hover your mouse to the right of the file until you see an Action Link.
- Click the Action Link and then select Open.
- If asked to Open or Save the file, click Save.
Note: This dialog box may look different depending on your browser.
- Specify the location where you would like to save your file and then click Save.
- The file will begin to download. Once it is complete, you may exit Blackboard.
For additional support, visit