exceptions allow instructors to make special exceptions to the time limit or test availability for students who need additional time, or need to take a makeup exam. This process replaces the need to create a duplicate exam and use Adaptive Release to release the exam to students.
UHD Disabilities Services Office often sends notices regarding adjustments instructors should make for students with approved disabilities. One of the most frequently requested adjustments is extended time to complete a test.
Edit The Test Options
To access the test options, locate the exam you would like to add exceptions for. Hover over the name of the test, and click the drop-down menu that appears next to the test and select Edit the Test Options from the menu that appears.
Edit Test Availability Exceptions
- On the test options page, in the “Test Availability Exceptions” area, select
Add User or Group.
- Select the student(s) /or group(s) of students needing accommodation settings for this test.
- Adjust the Attempts, Timer, Availability and Force Completion settings to suit accommodations for each student.
- Review all test options for the test and click
Things to Consider
- Since instructors are not creating a copy of the test for an accommodation, the test will be accessed from the Grade Center like those for students without accommodations and will allow the instructor to grade the test in the same column.
- Students with and without accommodations will experience the same access to test information such as grades and feedback. “Adaptive Release” settings are no longer required.
- Exceptions can apply to individual students or groups of students. If you choose to use groups, please make sure to make the group unavailable if you do not want students to see who is in the group.
- Timer and force completion must already be enabled in the test availability rules in order to set timer and force completion exceptions.