Problems with Java can easily be resolved by clearing your Java Plug-In Cache.
To clear the Java Plug-in cache (WINDOWS): Please see below for Mac Instructions
1. Click Start > Control Panel.
2. Search for Java in Search Control Panel box on top right of Control Panel window.
3. Open- the Java icon in the control panel. The Java Control Panel appears.
4. Click Settings under Temporary Internet Files.
5. The Temporary Files Settings dialog box appears.
6. Click Delete Files.
7. The Delete Temporary Files dialog box appears.
8. Make sure all boxes are selected with check marks and then click OK. (you may have 3 boxes here, check all boxes)
9. Note: This deletes all the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the cache.
10. Click OK on Temporary Files Settings and Java Control Panel windows.
To clear the Java Plug-in cache (MAC):
1. On the Finder menu bar, click Go > Applications.
2. Click Utilities.
3. Double-click Java Preferences.
4. Click the Network tab.
5. Click the Delete Files... button.
6. You are prompted to delete your temporary files for Java. Make sure all boxes are selected with check marks. Then click OK.
7. Close the Java Preferences and Utilities window. You have cleared your Java cache.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the steps outlined in this document, please contact UHD Blackboard Support by calling (713) 221-2786, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.