To allow students to access your Blackboard course shell, you must activate the students every semester. All face-to-face courses must be activated in order for students to gain access to courses in Blackboard.
Online and hybrid courses automatically open on the first day of classes and do not require activation. However, any course can be scheduled to activate up to two weeks prior to the first day of class.
Important Note: If you plan on combining courses, you must combine shells
BEFORE activating the course.
Login to the Blackboard Course Management Portal
- Access the current Blackboard environment:
Login using your UHD credentials.Once logged into Blackboard, locate the
Manage Blackboard Courses Module.
- Blackboard 1 (Bb1): Fall, Spring, and Winter mini-term courses are available at
- Blackboard 2 (Bb2): Summer and May mini-term courses, committee meeting spaces, as well as Continuing Education classes are available at
Note: The module may appear anywhere on your Courses and Information page. You may rearrange the modules on this page.Click the
Manage Blackboard Course button.You will be taken to the Blackboard Course Management Portal login screen.
Activate Courses Inside of the Blackboard Course Management Portal
- After logging in, click
Select a Term and then select the correct term from the drop-down menu.
- You will see a list of courses. For each course there is a
Manage Blackboard Course button. Select this button for the course you would like to activate.
- You will be taken to a new page with more information. Scroll down and select
- Pick an activation date by using the calendar. After choosing your date, select
Update Activation Date.
Pick a new term or course to return to your list of courses.
- A check mark underneath the course in the Course List will indicate that your activation date has been successfully changed.
Please allow up to 4 hours for this change to reflect in Blackboard.