Sending and Reading Messages
The Message Tool allows you to send messages to other members of your course. You can address mail to individuals, to the entire class, to your instructor, or to groups of students. Although similar to email, users must be logged into Blackboard to read and send Messages.
NOTE: Messages created within Blackboard are internal to Blackboard only. Please remember to check Blackboard Messages for each of your classes periodically.
Sending a Message
1. You should be logged into Blackboard Learn. If you need login instructions please visit Step 1.
2. From the Course Menu, click Blackboard Messages.
3. Click the Create Message.
4. Select the Recipients using the To, Cc, and Bcc buttons.
5. A list of enrolled course members will be displayed.
6. Select your intended recipient(s) from the Items to Select section and use the right arrow key to move them to the Selected Items section. If you would like to change the recipient(s), you may Select All, and then Invert Selection.
7. Type in a Subject. In the Body area, type your message.
8. If you need to upload an attachment, click on the Browse button.
9. Select the file you wish to attach and then click Open.
10. Click Submit to send your Message.
The Messages Area has two Folders, Inbox and Sent.
- To read Messages, click on the word Inbox or Sent.
- Locate the desired Message.
- Click on the Subject of the message to view the message.
Continue the Journey:
Step 4b - How to communicate using Email in Blackboard