ZixMail is an email security solution that provides individuals with a high level of security in their email communications within the UH System. It’s an easy-to-use service that secures email content and attachments through a portal solution.
Access to ZixMail
You must register your account, which will allow you to send encrypted communication to University of Houston System email accounts ONLY (uhd, uh, uhcl, uhv).
NOTE: All users
MUST register first to send and receive encrypted email.
IMPORTANT: All messages on the ZixMail Portal will expire after 30 days.
Need to archive mail longer than 30 days or send encrypted email to addresses outside the University of Houston System?
Contact the IT Service Desk at 713-221-8031 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to explore your options.
Register Your Account
To start using ZixMail, register with your UHD email address. Please follow these steps:
- Visit the
- Click on the Register button.
- Enter your UHD email and choose a password.
Please note that this password is unique for ZixMail and it does not synchronize with your regular UHD network account.
- A confirmation email will be sent to your UHD email. Click on the link provided in the email.
- You will be taken to a page; click on the Activate button to activate your account.
- Proceed to login to your ZixMail account using the credentials you specified earlier.
ZixMail works like any other web mail service. Click
Inbox to read messages,
Compose to create emails,
Sent Mail to see your sent messages, etc.