In reviewing applications, the committee will consider the extent to which participating individuals demonstrate the following:
1. Engagement in Service-Learning (Depth and breadth of community and student support);
2. Positive impact on student's academic learning experience (enhanced learning, internships, employment and career opportunities, development of leadership skills, etc.);
3. Personal growth (personal and career development);
4. Vision for change (impact on relationship with the institution and student improvement);
5. Community connections creating or strengthening partnerships, establishing opportunities for joint grants, fundraising, publicity, etc.);
6. Improved University recognition or achievement of individual, program, department recognition through external awards, citations, appointments, etc.).
By working together for the common good of all, we are successfully combining student learning growth with community engagement.