The Community Scholars Program is a comprehensive program to promote student success inside and outside the classroom. Students in this program will benefit from advising, mentoring, tutoring, and career services.
Students will have opportunities to participate in service activities at the university in the local, regional, and international communities, attend seminars, and go on field and/or service trips. Students may also conduct projects and present at conferences.
We also have a dedicated student lounge located on the 4th floor of the One Main Building where members can study, collaborate, share experiences, or simply relax between classes.
There are no fees or applications needed to join this learning community to enrich your UHD experience! It is simply a fun and easy way to learn and grow with your community.
|Program Requirements (per semester)|
- Attend at least two meetings of the group (if the meeting time conflicts with your class or work schedule(s), it can be substituted with an event or service hours.)
- Participate in at least two community service events or take an active role in the group project.
- Attend at least one UHD event.
- Apply for at least one scholarship, grant, conference, or internship opportunity.
- Submit a copy of your resume.
- Submit a guided reflection essay.
|Program Benefits |
- Cool UHD swag
- Textbook support
- Mentorship guidance
- Internship and community service opportunities
- Access to free tutoring in lower and upper-division courses in math, sciences, and engineering
- Connection to career soft skills training and career-broadening activities
- Be enrolled at least half-time at UHD.
- Maintain a GPA of 2.25 or higher.
|Fall 2022 Scheduled Group Meetings|
- Thursday, March 3, 3:00 PM, Register: https://cglink.me/2fR/r1439544
- Thursday, March 31, 3:00 PM, Register: https://cglink.me/2fR/r1439561
- Thursday, April 14, 3:00 PM, Register: https://cglink.me/2fR/r1439574
- Friday, May 6, 1:30 PM, Register: https://cglink.me/2fR/r1439580 (End of Semester Celebration!)