The Community Scholars Program is a comprehensive program to promote student success inside and outside the classroom. Students in this program will benefit from advising, mentoring, tutoring, and career services.
Students will have opportunities to participate in service activities at the university n the local, regional, and international communities, attend seminars, and go on field and/or service trips. Students may also conduct projects and present at conferences.
|Program Requirements (per semester)|
- Attend at least two meetings of the group (if the meeting time conflicts with your class schedule, it can be substituted with an event or service hours.)
- Participate in at least two community service events or take an active role in the group project.
- Attend at least one UHD event.
- Apply for at least one scholarship, grant, conference, or internship opportunity.
- Submit a resume and have a meeting with Dr. Gulati.
|Program Benefits |
- Cool UHD swag.
- Internship and community service opportunities.
- Mentorship guidance.
- Access to free tutoring in lower and upper-division courses in math, sciences, and engineering.
- Connection to career soft skills training and career-broadening activities.
- Be enrolled at least half-time at UHD.
- Maintain a GPA of 2.25 or higher.
|Fall 2021 Scheduled Group Meetings TBD.|