Veteran Student is a student who has or is working in the armed forces, or a person who has had long service or experience in an occupation or office.
Welcome to the University of Houston-Downtown!
You have courageously served our country, now let us serve you!
Before receiving approval of your benefits please follow the steps below to ensure your certification is done in a timely manner.
- Apply to the university at
Apply Texas Application
- Submit all official transcripts from all institutions you have attended
- ACE credits will be added to your academic record once you have applied for credit in consultation with the Advisor for the College of your Major.
- Pay admissions application fee
- Apply for financial aid at
FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Once you have been accepted you will need to meet with an academic advisor and register for classes.
UHD Academic Advising
- After you have registered for classes you will need to visit
UHD Veterans Services
UHD Air Force ROTC