Skip to main content
Illuminated Shea building at night

Transient Students: If you are a current student working towards a bachelor's degree at another college or university and would like to attend UHD for only one semester or during the summer, you may qualify for transient undergraduate admission to UHD.

Steps to Apply for Admission as a Transient

  1. Apply online at (link works better in Chrome)
  2. Submit the Letter of Academic Standing form. The form must be completed by an Academic Advisor, Dean or designee at the home institution and submitted back to the Office of Admissions.
  3. Pay non-refundable $50 application fee ($75 late application fee after posted deadline).
  4. Unofficial transcripts from all colleges/universities attended (required in order to provide proof of completion of any prerequisite requirements).
  5. Track your application status.

Additional Information

Transient applicants are eligible to enroll for one semester or two summer terms only.

Transient students are not eligible for financial aid.

A transient student who wishes to remain at UHD or plans to attend in a future semester must reapply and be accepted as a transfer student.​

If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at 713-221-8522, or contact an Admissions Counselor.

Office of Admissions
One Main Street, GSB 308
Houston, TX 77002
Office: 713-221-8522
Fax: 713-223-7468

Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Please mail all documents to the address above.​

Application Deadlines:

Fall Term:   August 1
Spring Term:   December 15
Summer Term:   May 1

The admissions application is open for the upcoming Summer and Fall 2021 terms.

Last updated 1/20/2021 7:39 AM