Transfer Admission Criteria
Earned Hours of College-Level Credit
Minimum Cumulative Transfer GPA*
Less than 15 hours
Must meet Freshman and Transfer Admission Requirements
15 or more hours
Student must be in Good Academic Standing at last institution attended
*For a course taken more than once, the highest grade will be transferred
*Developmental coursework will not count in the transfer GPA and do not transfer for credit.
Transfer Students: If you have more than 15 college-level credits from a regionally accredited school, you may qualify for transfer undergraduate admission to UHD.
Steps to Apply for Admissions as a Transfer Student
- Apply online at
www.applytexas.org(link works better in Chrome).
- Pay non-refundable $50 application fee
- If you have Credit by Examination that you would like UHD to consider, please view the steps to request AP/CLEP/IB credit
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
UHD prefers the use of EDI/SPEEDE transcript submission. However, if this option is not available, official paper transcripts are acceptable as long as they are unopened and bearing the seal of the sending institution.
If sending your official transcripts by a 3rd party service such as eSCRIP-SAFE, JST, National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment/DocuFide, ADDS/AVOW, etc. please use the
UHDETranscripts@uhd.edu email address.
PLEASE NOTE: PDF transcripts must be sent directly from the issuing company and directly to the
UHDETranscripts@uhd.edu email address to be considered official.
If you are unsure as to whether or not your electronic transcripts will be considered official at UHD, please contact the Office of Admissions by phone at 713-221-8522 or via email at email@example.com before you request or send your electronic transcripts.
- ACE credits may be added to your academic record once you have applied for credit in consultation with the Advisor for the College of your Major.
- Submit proof of Texas Success Initiative (TSI). Exemptions may apply.
- Track your
Application Status online.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at 713-221-8522,
firstname.lastname@example.org or contact an Admissions Counselor.