Basic Position Information
Job Code: 4144
Title: Technology Trainer III
Department: Technology Learning Services
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Technology Services
Job Sub-Family: Instructional Technology
FLSA Classification: NE
Job Grade: 14
Grade Min: $52,981
Grade Mid: $63,578
UHD Succession Plan: N/A
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: Y
The Technology Trainer III provides comprehensive technology training, including design, development, and delivery, on all technology products provided by the university to staff, faculty, and students.
- Conducts technology systems training for employees
- Determines the courses needed and appropriate content and methods of delivery
- Coordinates processes and workflows associated with project-based training programs
- Designs and develops training materials, documentation, and computer-based programs as required
- Develops and publishes a training schedule
- Coordinates training with outside vendors as necessary
- Develops online training courses and materials and conducts technology systems training for employees
- Coordinates the planning and implementation for all technology learning service projects
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- Minimum of three (3) year of technology training experience
- Must maintain a valid, current driver's license
- Master's degree in Educational Technology, Instructional Technology, or a related field is preferred;
- Project Manager and course management system training experience in a higher education environment is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Curriculum Development, Instructional Design, and the related trends, issues, and accepted practices
- Good technical skills, including proficiency in MS Office and an LMS;
- Strong presentation and training skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to get and maintain certifications in the relevant technologies;
- Ability to create reports and presentations;
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements;
- Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks
- Must have precise hand-eye coordination, good spatial awareness, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Occasionally drives or operates university vehicles
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge and skills in one or more functional areas.
- Effectively applies expertise to identify user issues with existing systems and coordinate resolution with technical staff.
- Understands business processes to successfully integrate them with existing and new systems.
- Competent to coordinate requests for system modifications with technical staff.
- Willing to share expertise and provide functional assistance to others.
- Demonstrates the ability to orally convey subject or message clearly and concisely to the intended audience.
- Generates interest and enthusiasm in the subject or message from the participants.
- Responds to participants' reactions or comments, and adjusts delivery style and/or format of presentation as needed.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of the subject or topic to provide practical responses to questions or issues.
- Displays applicable visuals and provides appropriate written materials to support the presentation.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.