Basic Position Information
Job Code: 6110
Title: Systems Control Coordinator
Department: Facilities Management
Essential Personnel: Y
Job Family: Administrative Operations
Job Sub-Family: Facilities Management
FLSA Classification: NE
Job Grade: 13
Grade Min: $47,731
Grade Mid: $57,277
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: Y
The Systems Control Coordinator troubleshoots, evaluates, and inventories the departmental Information Technology.
The Coordinator monitors the Building Automation Systems (BAS) and quarterly updates the Facilities Management (FM) web page and assists with Work Order software reporting.
- Troubleshoots and evaluates technical problems
- Assist with passwords, connections, and various hardware/software issues and training; liaise with university's Information Technology department on behalf of Facilities Management (FM) for complex matters
- Monitors campus Building Automation Systems by calibration, diagnosing, and adjustments; follows floor plans, specifications, and modern control techniques to maximize energy efficiency and sustainable building operations
- Coordinates office moves, new employee Information Technology setup
- Updates Facilities Management (FM) web page content and design
- Assists with Work Order reporting in FAMIS Work Request software
- Researches, suggests new technology, and installs software hardware/software (AutoCad, FAMIS, PeopleSoft, Microsoft Office) and assists with system backups as needed for Facilities Management staff
- May be asked to respond to problems or provide service after hours
- Performs other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of two (2) year of job-related experience
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License to drive a vehicle
- Some knowledge of one or more of the Building Automation Systems (BAS) currently in use on campus to maximize energy efficiency
- Knowledge of AutoCad building floor plans
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of trends, issues, and accepted practices relevant to the position
- Candidates must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements
- Position is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
- Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risk
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge and skills in one or more functional areas.
- Effectively applies expertise to identify user issues with existing systems and coordinate resolution with technical staff.
- Understands business processes to successfully integrate them with existing and new systems.
- Competent to coordinate requests for system modifications with technical staff.
- Willing to share expertise and provide functional assistance to others.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.