Basic Position Information
Job Code: 5070
Title: Specialist, Testing II
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Enrollment Management
Job Sub-Family: Testing
FLSA Classification: NE
Job Grade: 11
Grade Min: $39,923
Grade Mid: $46,910
UHD Succession Plan: N/A
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Testing Specialist II assists with the coordination of all testing services activities, including, but not limited to, administering tests, monitoring all aspects of the daily testing sessions, and ensuring test security and confidentiality.
- Administers all exams on and off campus
- Serves as custodian for the department; works closely with the IT department to make sure all testing computers function properly
- Work closely with the Taiwanese Consulate office in Houston to administer the Chinese as a Foreign Language exam for the Ministry of Education from Taiwan
- Orders exams from College Board
- Checks student's record as required in response to subpoenas
- Prepares FedEx bills for payment
- Sends completed correspondence exam back to the university or college
- Orders testing materials
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- Minimum of 60 hours of college course work
- Minimum of two (2) year of related job experience
- Test company proctoring certification is required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of trends, issues, and best practices relating to testing in a higher education environment
- Good technical skills, including proficiency in MS Office
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic accounting skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements
- Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks
- Clarity of vision is required
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.