Basic Position Information
Job Code: 6204
Department: Facilities Management
Essential Personnel: Y
Job Family: Administrative Operations
Job Sub-Family: Facilities Management
FLSA Classification: NE
Job Grade: 10
Grade Min: $36,294
Grade Mid: $42,645
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: Pre-Defined
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: Y
The Painter performs wall and surface maintenance by scraping, sanding, priming, or sealing surfaces prior to painting. The Painter also installs and maintains drywalls.
- Mixes, matches, and applies putty, paint, varnish, shellac, enamel, and other finishes
- Checks the condition of the woodwork and reports any need for carpentry repairs as appropriate
- Installs and maintains drywalls
- Covers surfaces and furniture to protect them from paint; removes spattered paint after a job is complete
- Cleans and cares for brushes, spray guns, and other equipment
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one (1) year of related job experience
- Must maintain a valid, current driver's license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the tools and techniques used in painting, and of the related trends, issues, and accepted practices.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an inside and outdoor environment.
- Work involves moderate exposure to unpleasant elements, such as adverse weather conditions, extreme temperatures, oils, dirt, dust, fumes, and airborne particles
- Position requires maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting, standing, or walking for prolonged periods of time, as well as for bending, stooping, kneeling, crawling, jumping, climbing, and frequent reaching
- May be required to work in a confined space, or in a high, dangerous place. May be required to work near moving mechanical parts, and, on rare occasions, be exposed to the risk of electric shock.
- May, on rare occasions, be exposed to potentially hazardous or cancer-causing agents or chemicals and be required to wear a respirator. Must have precise hand-eye coordination, good spatial awareness, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Must have the ability to move items of up to 30lbs.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Communicates clearly, concisely, and with courtesy.
- Carefully listens to customer or thoroughly reads correspondence, and uses good judgment to respond appropriately. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Communicates requests for further action or resources to appropriate individuals with tact.
- Demonstrates the essential skills required to use equipment and tools needed to perform job duties and responsibilities.
- Follows maintenance and operation procedures and safety rules to minimize equipment malfunctions and prevent personal injuries.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.