Basic Position Information
Job Code: 4318
Title: Network Application Specialist II
Department: Information Technology
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Technology Services
Job Sub-Family: Technical Services
FLSA Classification: NE
Job Grade: 16
Grade Min: $65,866
Grade Mid: $79,040
UHD Succession Plan: N/A
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Network Application Specialist II analyzes, recommends, tests, implements, and supports specialized network and web-based applications. The Specialist develops Microsoft SharePoint sites and workflows that specific departments use, supports the university website, and liaises between technical staff and university users for specialized network and web-based applications.
- Develops, implements, and maintains SharePoint sites, libraries, lists, and workflows to streamline specific business processes within a department
- Researches, implements, and supports new and existing network and web-based applications
- Develops, edits, supports, and provides access to the university website
- Supports the web technicians who maintain and edit the website
- Collaborates with the website administrator to provide website support
- Ensures that all support tickets are addressed
- Ensures that all project tasks are completed
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Delegation of Work:
- Associate's degree, vocational certificate, or 60 hours of college course work
- Minimum of three (3) years of related job experience
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to create and maintain SharePoint sites, libraries, and lists; ability to maintain SharePoint site permissions
- Ability to use Power Apps to build SharePoint web based forms and to use Power Automate to build SharePoint workflows;
- Ability to develop, edit, and support the university website
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment, classroom, training room, and auditorium.
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements
- Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to identify and distinguish colors
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge and skills in a technical area.
- Effectively applies expertise to troubleshoot existing systems and develop solutions with existing technology.
- Competent to learn new technologies and integrate them with existing technology.
- Willing to share expertise and provide technical assistance to others.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.