Basic Position Information
Job Code: 4122
Title: MultI-Media Engineer III
Department: Technology Learning Services
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Technology Services
Job Sub-Family: Computing / Telecom
FLSA Classification: NE
Job Grade: 13
Grade Min: $47,731
Grade Mid: $57,277
UHD Succession Plan: N/A
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: Y
The Multi-Media Engineer III provides multi-media support to all campus users relating to everyday equipment use, and for university events.
- Maintains the event schedule, coordinating with Event Services, Clients, and the team to keep it updated
- Gathers information about events to see what technical support and equipment are needed; compiles a proposal to present to the client for agreement
- Executes request regarding events in terms of setup, live operation, and tear down
- Provides on-site classroom support as required
- Trains faculty and staff in the multi-media technology used in both the classroom and in event spaces
- Maintains effective communication with other departments as necessary to provide the best customer service for faculty, staff, and vendors
- Periodically checks equipment and performs preventative maintenance
- Maintains an inventory of all equipment; monitors equipment returns, following up with clients as necessary
- Researches new technologies and practices to help to further assist in classrooms and at events
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Delegation of Work:
- Occasionally assigns work to subordinate(s)
- May train and counsel subordinate(s). May provide feedback to a supervisor regarding other employees' performance, but does not make hiring and dismissal recommendations.
- Associate's degree in media technology or related field or 60 hours of relevant college course work
- Minimum of three (3) years of related job experience
- Must maintain a valid, current driver's license
- Bachelor's degree is preferred Certifications in media or communications is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of audio and video systems and lighting, and of the related trends, issues, and accepted practices;
- General understanding of electricity (AC and DC), and RF (radio frequency); understanding of networking.
- Good general technical skills, including proficiency in MS Office;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Ability to train others; ability to troubleshoot equipment;
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in some or all of the following areas: an office environment, technology server room, science laboratory, classroom, training room, auditorium, outdoor areas, library, music room, theatre.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements. Work involves occasional exposure to elements, such as adverse weather conditions, extreme temperatures, dirt, and dust.
- Position requires maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting, standing, and walking, as well as for bending, stooping, kneeling, crawling, jumping, climbing, and frequent reaching.
- May, on rare occasions, be required to work in a confined space or in a high, dangerous place. May, on rare occasions be exposed to the risk of electric shock.
- May occasionally be exposed to the loud noise of speakers. Must have precise hand-eye coordination, good spatial awareness, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Must have the ability to move items of up to 100lbs.
- May be asked to respond to problems or provide service after hours. Expected to carry and respond to cell phone at all times.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge and skills with multiple hardware and software systems.
- Effectively applies expertise to identify and troubleshoot user issues.
- Competent to install and configure new systems.
- Willing to share expertise and provide technical support to others.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.