Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2210
Title: Manager, Enrollment Management Operations
Department: Enrollment Management
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Administrative Support
Job Sub-Family: Business Administration
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 16
Grade Min: $65,866
Grade Mid: $79,040
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: Y
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
Provides administrative and operational oversight to the Vice President of Enrollment Management. Performs a wide range of complex administrative duties. Serves as the representative for the Division of Enrollment Management. Provides coordination and liaison with senior executive staff on matters of interest to Vice President.
- Manages the operations, initiatives, events, and activities within the division of Enrollment Management. Serves as lead resource and primary point of contact for the Division.
- Manages Enrollment Coaches and other part-time staff. Provides assignments, approves timesheets, and evaluates performance.
- Manages the cross-campus collaboration meetings and the campus-wide Recruitment, Registration, and Enrollment calendar to ensure alignment of events and initiatives to leverage human resources and enrollment.
- Provides supervision of administrative functions within the division supporting effective office daily operations of a complex shared office. Coordinates resources to resolve problems and ensure follow-up, tracking results, and establishing metrics to evaluate customer service.
- Provides executive support to the Vice President and responsible calendar management, travel schedule, event management, information retrieval, communication, and complex administrative matters.
- Coordinates with division directors on behalf of the Vice President, executes complex projects and collaborates on developing and implementing initiatives to support the entire division leadership team
- Processes internal and external communications on behalf of the Vice President, assists in the creation of reports and presentations, prioritizes, and responds to inquiries, reviews correspondence for approval/signature, and apprises the Vice President of sensitive, executive, and confidential information.
- Serves as back-up Department Business Administrator by providing approval authority and signature approval for purchase requests, serves as time approver designate, reviews, and approves overtime requests, processes monthly procurement expense reports, updates candidate status, and creates job offers.
- Assists with university-wide enrollment projects in addition to commencement, search committees, coordinates the arrangements of speaking engagements, conferences, retreats, and employee interviews.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Full Time Employees and Part Time Employees
Delegation of Work:
- Regularly assigns work to subordinate(s)
- Has primary responsibility for conducting performance evaluations and making recommendations for hiring and dismissing employees.
- Bachelors degree. Relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of education
- Minimum of four (4) years of related job experience
- Must maintain a valid, current driver's license
- 10+ years of experience in higher education/academic environment.
- Knowledge of trends, issues, and accepted practices relevant to the position.
- Excellent customer service skills and project management skills.
- Experience providing committee support and planning and supervision of special events.
- Two (2) years of Enrollment Management experience.
- Ability to anticipate program or organizational needs, and work independently without direct supervision.
- Ability to distinguish sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be proficient in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and oral written skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse university community.
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is usually performed in a typical, comfortable interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; May occasionally be required to work in inclement weather conditions
- Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks
- Must be able to move up to 10lbs
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Supervises the work of staff employees.
- Sets clear goals and expectations within reasonable timeframes.
- Motivates staff through constructive feedback, challenging assignments, and recognition of achievements.
- Provides mentorship and guidance by sharing expertise and best practices.
- Supports staff by providing essential resources, professional development opportunities, and open communication.
- Promptly addresses performance issues with appropriate measures and discretion.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.