Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2401
Title: Manager, Contact Center
Essential Personnel: N/A
Job Family: Student Operations
Job Sub-Family: Student Support
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 14
Grade Min: $52,981
Grade Mid: $63,578
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: Individualized
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Manager, Contact Center supervises a team of staff in a call center environment that assists students and families with Financial Aid, Admissions, and Registrar queries and questions.
- Serves as liaison between the Contact Center and the Financial Aid, Registrar, and Admissions departments on all matters pertaining to student issues.
- Oversees the system that collects and stores data relating to student issues.
- Serves as coordinator for the UHD Pathways Program, and as liaison between UH System schools.
- Provides information and support to students for areas outside of Financial Aid, Registrar, and Admissions, connecting students with the appropriate department as necessary.
- Oversees data collection in the Contact Center, ensuring that the data gathered improves the Enrollment Management department's ability to assess trends that impact the enrollment target.
- Provides leadership to a team of staff, enabling staff development and managing employee relations.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Full Time and Temporary Employees
Delegation of Work:
- Regularly assigns work to subordinate(s)
- Has primary responsibility for conducting performance evaluations and making recommendations for hiring and dismissing employees.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related job experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the operations of the Admissions, Financial Aid, and Registrar's departments, and of the related trends, issues, and accepted practices;
- Knowledge of the operations of a call center;
- Knowledge of a phone tree system.
- Good technical skills, including proficiency in MS Office and PeopleSoft;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Good logical and analytical problem solving skills;
- Strong organizations, time management, and project planning skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to resolve conflict;
- Ability to recommend best practices on how calls are answered, returned, and recorded;
- Ability to collect, verify, and report data.
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment.
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Customer Relations Management
- Ensures customer's needs and expectations are addressed within his/her department or section. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Mentors and guides department/section staff by sharing knowledge and best practices to appropriately respond to customer's requests.
- Monitors staff interactions with customers for professional conduct, consistent application of university policies and procedures, and follow up of outstanding requests.
- Assumes responsibility for addressing complex or unusual requests.
- Manages department or section operations consistent with department/section goals and objectives.
- Administers the department/section budget ensuring effective utilization of financial resources and appropriate disbursement of funds.
- Fosters a cooperative and productive work environment through motivation, encouragement, and mentorship of staff.
- Ensures department/section compliance with university and department policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Keeps management apprised of department/section activities and issues requiring senior management input.
- Formulates plans and strategies to proactively resolve anticipated problems.
- Prudently responds to unforeseen problems through careful consideration and analysis of problem and relevant information and circumstances.
- Recognizes and apprises appropriate university administrator when resolution requires senior management input and/or approval.
- Supervises the work of staff employees.
- Sets clear goals and expectations within reasonable timeframes.
- Motivates staff through constructive feedback, challenging assignments, and recognition of achievements.
- Provides mentorship and guidance by sharing expertise and best practices.
- Supports staff by providing essential resources, professional development opportunities, and open communication.
- Promptly addresses performance issues with appropriate measures and discretion.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.