Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2103
Title: Functional Technical Support Analyst
Department: Campus Solutions Services
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Technology Services
Job Sub-Family: Non-IT Technical Staff
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 13
Grade Min: $47,731
Grade Mid: $57,277
UHD Succession Plan: N/A
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Functional Technical Support Analyst conceptualizes, develops, implements, and maintains technologies to support student information systems, and provides support to the team as new developments and initiatives arise within the systems.
- Maintains the Academic Group, Academic Organization, Academic Program, Academic Plan, and Academic SubPlan tables in the university's academic structure, processes all academic structure changes as approved by the UCC and Provost; informs all appropriate university offices that new programs have been created and are available for use
- Maintains the Degree Progress Reports (DPR) and Enrollment Requirements (prereqs); programs and tests DPRs for new and updated programs and courses; notifies the relevant colleges that the DPRs are ready for testing
- Links co-requisite developmental and college-level courses for the English and Math Departments; adds program restrictions such as the Honors Program to individual sections
- Supports the Advising department during registration with questions relating to pre-req issues; creates student group pre-reqs for courses that require them; works with Advising Centers to grant user access to the student groups
- Maintains and runs the Auto-Declaration job for continuing and returning students, forwarding the list of newly declared majors to the colleges for review and confirmation; tests all changes to declaration requirements; troubleshoots any declaration issues for students; coordinates with Admissions and UHS as necessary
- Trains existing users and new hires as required; creates Student Groups that are used as pre-reqs and conducts related training
- Collaborates with other offices on special projects as necessary
- Serves as the lead university point of contact for matters relating to the common core and its application on the DPR and as a point of reference on DPR issues relating to the THECB field of study
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field
- Minimum of three (3) years of related job experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of PeopleSoft Academic Structure
- Comprehensive knowledge of DPR and pre-requisite programming;
- Knowledge of the Academic Advising function in a higher education environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills; strong proficiency in computer programming
- Ability to run, modify, and build queries;
- Ability to incorporate all rules and policies into DPR and pre-requisite programming
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is performed in a typical, comfortable interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements;
- Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks
- Precise hand-eye coordination is required
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors is required. Must be able to move up to 25lbs
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge and skills in one or more functional areas.
- Effectively applies expertise to identify user issues with existing systems and coordinate resolution with technical staff.
- Understands business processes to successfully integrate them with existing and new systems.
- Competent to coordinate requests for system modifications with technical staff.
- Willing to share expertise and provide functional assistance to others.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.