Basic Position Information
Job Code: 4081
Title: Functional Analyst I
Department: Enterprise Systems
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Technology Services
Job Sub-Family: Enterprise Systems
FLSA Classification: NE
Job Grade: 14
Grade Min: $52,981
Grade Mid: $63,578
UHD Succession Plan: N/A
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: Pre-Defined
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Functional Analyst I provides application functional support and coordinates technology development needs between the end users and the Information Technology developers.
- Provides user support by resolving problems, responding to questions, and providing training
- Creates and modifies user accounts as requested by users' supervisors
- Assists key users and the application development group with testing and troubleshooting
- Monitors the availability and performance of multiple systems
- Investigates, resolves, and tests systems as necessary, including after upgrades or maintenance
- Compiles, analyzes, and verifies reports as required
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- Associate's degree in Information Systems or a related field
- Minimum of three (3) years of related job experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the technology development process; up-to-date knowledge of modern applications and trends.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to learn new applications
- Ability to assist users
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment.
- Work is performed in a typical, comfortable interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements
- Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks
- Occasional lifting and carrying of up to 10lbs may be required
- Precise hand-eye coordination is required
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge and skills in one or more functional areas.
- Effectively applies expertise to identify user issues with existing systems and coordinate resolution with technical staff.
- Understands business processes to successfully integrate them with existing and new systems.
- Competent to coordinate requests for system modifications with technical staff.
- Willing to share expertise and provide functional assistance to others.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.